Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Velvet Libations, Wolcott's newest 1960's-themed brewery, is looking for a cook. Be a part of our team and contribute to providing our customers with a memorable and satisfying experience.
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods
- Be able to use and cook pizzas and other dishes in pizza over
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes
- Occasionally serve food
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, including handling utensils, equipment and dishes
- Handle and store ingredients and food
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment and utensils
- Execute opening and closing procedures - Set up workstations with required ingredients and equipment
- Check the quality and freshness of ingredients
- Monitor station inventory levels
- Accommodate guests’ special requests
- Operate kitchen equipment such as broilers, ovens, grills and fryers
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of safety procedures, including safe temperatures at which ingredients must be kept and to which food must be prepared to avoid foodborne illness
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating on complex dishes Interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of other people, such as waitstaff, dishwashers, management and sometimes customers
- Calm demeanor to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
- Accountability for the dishes they prepare measuring up to the expectations of management and customers alike
- Comprehension and organization to follow direct orders and recipes and to correctly prepare dishes to the standards of the restaurant
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to handle tools, such as knife techniques for chopping, slicing, cutting and dicing
- Ability to stand in one place for hours at a time, handle extreme heat and work shifts
Foolproof Brewing Company is looking for a part-time beertender to help out in the taproom/brewery as busy season ramps up. This position requires evenings and weekends.
Candidate must have, or be able to get, TIPS or ServSafe Alcohol certification. This position requires customer service skills, working a POS system, building rapport with customers, promoting and educating about the beer, and encouraging customers to attend the events happening weekly in the taproom. Beer knowledge is a plus (and is highly encouraged) but is also teachable!
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and interested in getting their foot in the door of the beer world. An individual interested in expanding their own skill set and exploring the opportunity to grow within our company. Most of all, we are looking for someone who wants to be here and contribute to being part of the Foolproof community made up by locals, visitors, regulars, brewers, and colleagues.
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.
Copyright © 2021 Brewery Collective - All Rights Reserved